Eugene Friends Church partners and/or supports many organizations in Lane County
Egan Warming Centers. The warming centers ensure that homeless people in Lane County have shelter and food when temperatures are below freezing. They are located in various churches and at LCC. We have many active volunteers working at the Warming Centers and we work at recruiting people to assist and volunteer for this life saving organization. Check our bulletin for volunteer training sessions or go to www.eganwarmingcenter.com
- St. Vincent de Paul. St. Vinnies is an amazing local charity that helps to to provide affordable housing, job, and services for those in need. They operate the Egan Warming Centers and many thrift stores locally, as well as helping with job searches, employment, and renter rehabilitation. www.stvincent.org
- Catholic Community Services. Catholic Community Services was organized in 1952 to help families and individuals in need. They have been our most valued contact, when we need to refer a visitor to immediate help or assistance that we are unable to provide. We help them with a food drive and a winter clothing collection drive. www.ccslc.org
- Squeaky Clean Hygiene Drive. We participate in this annual June drive to collect personal hygiene items for individual in need. This is a Catholic Community Service event.
- Matching Rent Funds. When funds are available, we provide a pledge to help individuals pay their rent.
- Food Pantry Needs. We help deliver food to people who cannot make it to the food panty.